Contraline is developing a male vas-occlusive device using advancements in hydrogel technology. The procedure is safe, quick, and highly effective. Our mission is to provide couples with safe, effective, and appealing contraception.
We are a team of inter-disciplinary scientists, entrepreneurs, and engineers living to create game-changing products and improve the health of couples worldwide. We are leveraging our biotech backgrounds and experiences creating injectable medical devices to successfully commercialize the first vas-occlusive contraceptive.
Contraline is seeking to bring a Research Scientist (I or II) with organic synthesis experience onto the team. A key aspect of this position is the ability to independently design, execute, document, and present findings on synthesis/reaction development relevant to Contraline’s hydrogel technology.
• Design, execute, document, and present reaction developments
• Develop creative & innovative approaches to organic synthesis and reaction development
• Execute, analyze, and generate reports from analytical characterizations
• Apply chemistry principles to our product development strategy
• Develop, design, execute, document, and present work on assays required for product development
• Support formulation development on cross-disciplinary team
• Develop and write working instructions and translate to SOPs
• Translate experimental findings in scientific reports
• Prepare data and reports for laboratory meetings, publications, patents, and regulatory submissions.
• For Scientist I: we are seeking 0-2 years of industry experience
• For Scientist II: 2+ years of industry experience is required
• BS or MS degree in Chemistry or Organic Chemistry
• Applicants should have a high level of interest in learning and contributing to product development and translational research
• Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills
• Creative, flexible, and independent thinking
• Works well in small, cross-functional teams and start up environment (team-player)